Monday, August 18, 2014

California 2014

 Sunset on the beach 

 Ruby's Diner at the end of the Oceanside Pier 

 Mormon Battalion Historic Site in San Diego

Mini Golf (Mom won!) 

There is so much to say about our trip to California this year.  Mostly, I'm extremely grateful I was able to go and spend time with my family.

I worked 5 shifts in a row, the last 4 being noc shifts and then....

Thursday Aug 7th - after about 2 hours of sleep, picked up our rental car in Ogden, stayed the night in Mesquite.

Friday, Aug 8th - Left Mesquite, drove through ghost town, Goodsprings, NV (Where Carol Lombard's, Clark Gable's wife, plane crashed).  Stopped and talked with a nice, interesting man named George Handy who told us all about Goodsprings and shared a few life stories with us too.  That was a neat experience.  Then Palmdale for Krystal's mission. We tried several houses, none were home except one (I can't remember his name so I will have to ask Krystal later).  Then to Oceanside!  We stayed at motel 6.

Saturday, Aug 9th  - the beach and dinner at a Chinese buffet place.

Sunday, Aug 10th - Church in Krystal's first area, Sylmar, visiting Andy, and dinner with the De Leon's, LA temple and sunset on the beach.

Monday, Aug 11th -  Beach! Dinner on the Pier.

Tuesday, Aug 12 - Guardians of the Galaxy, mini golf, Mormon Battalion Site

Wednesday, Aug 13 - Beach! Teriyaki Diner       

Thursday, Aug 14 - Drive, Vegas temple, Dinner with Sam (Shantel's Trainer)

Friday, Aug 15 - 2 am, pulled into grandma's driveway, return rental, worked graveyard shift.

No comments: