Tuesday, August 23, 2011

17 Miracles & Drunk Driver & the Help

17 Miracles! So I've never really been into movies, but I became so intrigued when a colleague from work suggested I see this movie. I'm glad Krystal & Meredith came with me to see it today. I was so touched by the Lord's hand in helping the Willie Handcart company. Every trial and miracle that followed was evidence of the Lord's love for his children.  And every miracle was an answer to a humble sincere prayer offered by the faithful saints. It made me think, "Do I pray like that? Maybe I should learn and start praying like that more!   

I feel like studying church history now.  What an incredible heritage and legacy of faith we have!


 Do I drive like a drunk driver? Interestingly, I've been pulled over twice (by two different policemen in separate areas) this month for "failure to maintain my lane" - a fancy way of saying that I wasn't driving in a perfectly straight line (we don't even have lines on the road where I come from-as long as you're on the road...even then there's a whole heap of off road driving going on).  Is there no leniency for drifting just a little and then correcting yourself? 

The very first question the 2nd officer asked me was, "Have you been drinking?"  No.  Watch out drunk drivers - the police are cracking down on anyone who weaves even just slightly.
 
My new book I bought today.  I'm way excited to read it!

No comments: